Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Veerry late on Tuesday night

and here I am. I just get this momentum and then my character, Josh Kerr, just takes me along for the ride. It's exciting, but my sleeping patterns are all wack.

I started the day at 51,324 words. I am ending my day at 56,338.

I know I said I saw 6-8000 words to go, like last week. But now I am seeing about that number still. So The Cabin will likely hit 65,000 words in its first draft form. That'll happen this week. Tomorrow I'm going to write like a madman.

I feel good about this story. It's one I am loving to tell and I believe others will love to read it.

And on the adding romance front, it's a go. It's difficult, but I think it's going well.

Remember to check me out on Facebook, find my Writer Page and become a fan, and also to check out my other blog. Oh, and definitely take a look at the family blog that Annemarie's working on.

carpe somnium

I'm going to be a bestselling writer.

Oh! I have to share! I entered a community boards contest on www.helium.com. I hadn't done that before, but thought it would be fun. The contest was to write something that made readers laugh out loud.

I won the contest! Here's a link to my humorous piece: http://www.helium.com/items/1122547-humorous-story-about-meditation

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That was a great piece. I did indeed laugh out loud. You should consider being a writer. You're good.