Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Tuesday to you...

I am in the middle of ChartedCourse work, but I wanted to repent of last night's mistakes. I actually fell asleep in my easy chair pretty much right as the kids were going to bed, so I didn't do any more writing last night.

However, I hit the 6000 goal yesterday during that first session, so no worries!

I will be working on The Mars Betrayal today as well, from about 3:30 to about 5:30. I might not write later, as I am hoping to take a lengthy walk so I can sleep better tonight. I've been having trouble sleeping the last few nights.

It may be because of snoring or squirming baby, but it may also be because I need to be good and tired. I am trying to regularize my sleeping habits finally, since I am supposed to be a grown up now.

Discipline. As a young, naive (evian backwards) writer, I had not imagined that to be successful as a writer I would need to have discipline.

This morning I took my older boys up the Y hike. If you don't know what that is, too bad.

Only joking.

BYU has this massive white Y painted on one of the mountains surrounding Utah Valley. There is a well-kept, rather steep trail that leads to the Y, and the trailhead is about a 5 minute drive from the house. I had done the hike for the first time on Saturday, and had actually hiked from the house, so it was kind of long.

This morning I drove Thomas, Hintze and myself to the parking lot at the trailhead, then we headed up. It's good exercise and the boys really enjoyed it.

I have to get back to it now, so I'm off.

(Soul selling attempt #2):
Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson

Hehe.

carpe somnium

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I've been pondering the whole "soul selling" thing. I wonder if you posted a pic or put the famous persons name along with the words "email address"

Maybe that would get more response. Hey, it's worth a try.