Friday, July 25, 2008

Trading dreams?

I feel bad (no, I don't feel an adverb, so I am not going to write 'badly' there; I feel an adjective, so 'bad' is the correct word) that I haven't been paying as much attention to this blog as my new one. I am finding that http://gruntandsweat.blogspot.com/ is turning into a real joy to maintain. I'm posting literature, videos, poetry, and even recipes there. So today I shared an excerpt from John Adams, a book I have just begun reading. I long for a real statesman (or woman) to step up and seek the presidency.

But then I remember what I heard in The Dark Knight. It seems that in Rome, when the place was in dire need or under attack, they suspended the rule of law and appointed a single person to get them out of their mess. Sure, as Rachel Dawes said, they had some real bad apples there, but it seems an interesting concept.

The other issue being, of course, that if a person seeks power, that automatically should, in most cases, disqualify them from the office they seek.
Anyway, I am going to forgo my sales calls this afternoon and work on The Cabin. So I'm not trading dreams. Sure, my work with ChartedCourse will likely be what enables us to get into an appropriately-sized house, but I am a writer. I have to remember that.

Gotta remind myself: carpe somnium

Oh, I wanted to sell a little soul for hits, so here goes:

Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen, Scarlett Johannsen, Scarlett Johanssen,


No comments: