Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reporting on my morning's work

Well, I spent far too long checking e-mail and updating my various networking sites, but I finally settled in and did some writing.

About 800 words this morning (some of it actually just a rewrite of something I'd already done), bringing the grand total to 5150 words.

Hey, 51/50 is the name of a Van Halen album.

I need to get right to writing when I get up so that I still have time to hit the gym immediately after and then get back home in time for breakfast. All this because I usually try to be in the office around 9AM.

Today, however, is different, although I should have been able to get to the gym anyway. We WeXL folks are participating in a business and technology expo today and tomorrow, and we are getting there by 8:30AM for a networking breakfast type thing.

In any case, as I wrote this morning, I made a decision. I'd been writing in first person, but was struggling with that. I mean, it seems like a lot of YA stuff is in first person, although not all of it is. However, I just feel like I can tell this story better in third person, so I decided to go for it.

Hey, Melinda and Kristi's work is in 3rd person... I think.. and it's good stuff.

Anyway, I have to go get ready for my day job.

So far so good. I invite any readers to follow me on Twitter, check out my political blog: http://powersderived.blogspot.com and to take a look at my online portfolio: www.helium.com/users/45690

May the Farce be with you.

carpe somnium

No comments: