Monday, August 18, 2008

Just stopping by

I've had to make some changes. The need for a steady income has grown rather a lot so I have been seriously after a full time job. I am doing the second interview at a company that I really like tomorrow, so hopefully it will all work out shortly.

As for writing, this is a writing job I am hoping to land. But also, I've been re-doing and reworking my synopsis and query letter for The Cabin. Some kindly friends who are authors have been very helpful with these things, so thank you Janette and David.

Anyway, I am nigh unto ready to send out my query to some agents. Some final changes will get me there. I am excited and nervous. So far the response from readers has been very positive. My sister, Emma, says she had cried twice by the time she was in Chapter 5, so that's good.

Anyhoo, I need to go to bed. I'll be back around. Sorry for the delay.

But can you believe the cheek? Yeah, sure those female Chinese gymnasts are 16. Oh for sure! I worked in Asia for over two years, nearly three, and I know a thirteen or fourteen year old when I see her. Pshaw.

carpe somnium

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Good luck with querying agents. If you make your sister cry at Chapter 5, sounds like a winner.

I'm Asian :-) and when I was 16, I know I looked 13 in my passport photo. Although those Olympians sure looked younger than that...

Jewel Allen said...

Oh, I also wanted to say that I think it's very brave of you to take the leap into writing as you have. Good luck with the job search...and don't give up on your writing dream!