Thursday, June 19, 2008

Experiment ongoing

Okay. I'm back to catch up a bit. But quickly, because I need to get to bed. I have not been sleeping enough this week.

First off, I only had six hits since I posted the experimental soul-selling below. We will see what happens over the next couple of days. I guess it all depends on how well blogspot promotes its blogs.

This week I've been attending a writing conference for writers and illustrators of books for young readers. It's been fun, a huge learning experience, motivating, validating and just really nice. I've met a lot of impressive writers, some of them famous and successful. My workshop colleagues are pretty much excellent writers.

So the baby was born on Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 7:34 in the morning. The midwife was a minute or so late, so my wife delivered him, I basically caught him, and then I handed him up to Annemarie.

It was fine and Benjamin Jared is a healthy, big kid. Annemarie is doing well and is recovering nicely.

I am making my first chunky commission off of ChartedCourse, with a few others on their way I expect.

The Mars Betrayal is finally coming together. I am rewriting completely from the ground up. I really need to take this work seriously and do it right, particularly since it is my trade of choice. I have to master this craft. I have to be patient, but I have to get it done.

And that's pretty much all I have to say.

Except for carpe somnium

No comments: